Dear fellow students,
Greetings from Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU)!
Beijing Foreign Studies University warmly welcomes and looks forward to your study in the spring semester! To assist you with theenrollmentprocedures, we would appreciate it if you could read carefully the following instructions.
I. Registration and Teaching Arrangement
1. Overseas Students
According to BFSU’s teaching arrangement, the online registration duration for the 2023 Spring Semester runs from February 5, 2023 to February 19, 2023.Thesemesterstarts on February 20, 2023.
Students are required to, within the above-specified time, log in to the university’s “International Student Service System (https://study.bfsu.edu.cn)”, scan the following QR code, download the mobile APP, and complete the registration for the spring semester (Please refer to attachment 1:Online Registration Guide for International Students of Beijing Foreign Studies Universityfor details). New international students are also required to submit the attachment 2:Letter of Commitment to Enrollment for International Students ofBeijing Foreign Studies University.
Students are required to take the initiative to get in touch with school/department teachers, stay in unimpeded touch with them, and make sure you know the specific teaching arrangements of your school/department, including course selection and teaching arrangement.
2.International Students in China
If you are in China currently, please get enrolled in the university campus on time.
Time: 8:30 am-11:30 am, and 2:00 pm-5:00 pm, February 15-17, 2023
Venue: Student Service Center, F/1, East Campus (See the Attachment 3: Campus Map)
Enrollment materials for new international students: Original copies of the admission letter from the university, form JW202/201, and personal passport; five headshot photos (1.5 inches× 2 inches) with white background; If you have had physicalexaminations in your home country, please bring the original copies of all the related materials; for students living outside the campus, please bring theTemporary Accommodation Registration Form.
Enrollment materials for existing international students: Original copies of your passport,Temporary Accommodation Registration Formandstudent IDcard.
1.Degree program students(undergraduate, master’s and PhD students)inthis school year should pay the tuition feefor the yearin a lump sum.
2.International students in China can pay tuition and accommodation fees at the university during the enrollment period (Credit card, debit card or cash are acceptable).
3.For students currently outside China, please complete the tuition remittance before the online registration deadline. After the remittance, keep the bank remittance slip and upload it to the system during online registration so that theuniversitycan arrange teaching matters. Those who fail to pay in full and on time will not be allowed for registration or schooling. Please give priority to remittance in RMB. If the remittance can only be made in other currencies due to legitimate reasons, theactualsettlement of your currency into RMB according to the exchange rate of the bank system will prevail, and you may be refunded for any overpayment or asked for a supplemental payment for any deficiency.
4. Fees should be both paid and collected in RMB denomination.
5. Students who fail to complete the registration and fail to pay the tuition on time are deemedasgiving tacit consent to having given up enrollment and registration.
6. Students who withdraw from the program due to personal reasons will be refunded the full amount of tuition if they complete the procedure of withdrawal within the first week of the semester; 20% of the tuition for the current semester will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if they complete the procedure within the first two weeks of the semester; 50% of the tuition for the current semester will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if they complete the procedure within the first four weeks of the semester, while the tuition for the current semester is not refundable if they complete the procedure after the first four weeks. Please understand that application fees are not refundable.
7. Accommodation fee should be paid in one lump sum each semester.
8.Accommodation fees will not be refunded for those who withdraw from the dormitory due to personal reasons during the semester. In special circumstances, upon the application of the student himself or herself, and the approval from both the student’s school and the Overseas Students Affairs Office, the remaining accommodation fee will be refunded to the student after the fees of the actual length of stay are deducted.
9. BFSU Account Information for Remittance
Beneficiary: BEIJING FOREIGN STUDIES UNIVERSITY LB
Bank: INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
BEIJING MUNICIPAL BRANCH
ZIZHUYUAN BANKING OFFICE
Account No.: 0200007609026402172
Swift code: ICBKCNBJBJM
Note: Please indicate “Tuition”,student IDnumberorpassport name in the remittance additional comments.
International students should purchase the comprehensive insurance designated by BFSU (including personal accident medical insurance and hospitalization medical insurance) when going through enrollment procedures at the university. Insurance premium reference: RMB 400 per person for six months; RMB 800 per person for a year. The insurancepolicy willbe one of the necessary documents for registration and enrollment at the university.
1. BFSU accepts no room reservations for this semesterandthe type of room will be subject to overall arrangements by the university according to the actual situation upon students’ arrival.
2. Students who choose to live off-campus during their study should arrange their own accommodation in advance. Those who live in a residential community should, within 24 hours of check-in, go to the nearest police station for the issuance of theRegistration Form ofTemporary Accommodationaccompanied by thehouseowner. Students living off-campus can proceed with registration, enrollment and visa formalities with a validRegistration Form ofTemporary Accommodation.
1. International students must apply for an X1 or X2 visa (for study) before entering China (Specific details should be consulted with China’s embassies/consulates). Students entering China with an X1 visa must apply for a residence permitwithin 30 daysof entry in accordance with Chinese law. Otherwise, they will be regarded as illegal residents and will be fined up to RMB 10,000, or even ordered to leave China.
2. Visa physical examination: Students holding X1 visas must make an appointment as soon as possible after arriving in China. After the appointment is successful, please go to the Beijing International Travel Health Care Center by yourself. For those who have already done the physical examination in your home country, please bring Original Copies of all the materials of your physical examination to the Center for verification; if you have not had a physical examination in your home country, you need to go there for a physical examination. After obtaining the physical examination report, please immediately go to the Overseas Students Affairs Office of BFSU to apply for a residence permit for study.
Please scan the QR code for visa physical examination appointment tutorials.
3.Price (for reference only): A residence permit for study costs RMB 600/6 months and RMB 1000/12 months. The prices are subject to the actual charges of the visa service company and China’s entry-exit administration authorities. The physical examination fee, around 0-400 RMB/person, is subject to the actual charge by China’s health and quarantine authorities.
4.The physical examination is not required for students who hold an X2 visa and study for only one semester.
5.If you have difficulties applying for the X1 or X2 visa due to special reasons, please consult with our Overseas Students Affairs Office for further help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before entering China. Please take your passport to that office directly for visa consultation if you have entered China. For students with special difficulties, please scan the following QR code of Mr. Liang and indicate your full name in Chinese and English as well as your department during addition.
6. Currently, it will take at least one week in advance to secure an online appointment for physical examinations or visa interviews. Please make an appointment immediately after your entry to China.
Registration and enrollment postponement or withdrawal:email@example.com
School of Chinese Language and Literature: Bachelor’s program:firstname.lastname@example.org;master’s and PhD programs:email@example.com;non-degree programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Business School:email@example.com
School of International Relations and Diplomacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of English and International Studies: email@example.com
School of International Journalism and Communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation: email@example.com
Law School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write your student ID number, full name and priority concern in the subjectlinewhen sending thee-mail. For example,20212059000X-Name-Tutition.
Best wishes to all of you! We look forward to seeing you on the beautiful campus of BFSU!
Overseas Students Affairs Office
Beijing Foreign Studies University