Dear fellow students,
Greetings from Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU)!
BFSU earnestly welcomes you and looks forward to seeing you in Spring 2021! For your smooth completion of enrollment procedure, please carefully read through the following instructions and recommendations.
I. Registration and Teaching Arrangements
According to BFSU’s teaching plan, fresh students are expected to do online registration between 24th and 25th of February, 2021, while current ones on 26th of February. Courses for the Spring Semester will begin since 1st March, 2021. Please clickGuide to On-line Registration for BFSU international student.pdf;Student Commitment.pdf（ upload when online registration）
Please have access to Blackboard of BFSU via the link https://bb.bfsu.edu.cn/and study on the campus online platform. You need to use your ID of Digital BFSU Uniform Identity Authentication System to log onto the platform. You are required to get in touch with faculty members of BFSU and keep effective communication, so as to make sure that you are informed of detailed teaching arrangements including selection of courses and teaching activities of the School.
If you are already in China and wish to come to campus for study registration, please contact your school immediately.
II. Tuition Fee Payment (only for self-sponsored students)
1. This academic year degree students may pay their tuition fees either in one instalment per academic year or in two instalments per semester. Unless otherwise specified separately, the fee rate for the semester is normally 50% of the tuition fee for the academic year. But current students who have not paid the tuition fees for the previous semester must pay the fees for one academic year at least.
2. Please make the payment by bank transfer before 26th February 2021, and send receipts of bank transfer to designated email address. After that, BFSU will arrange details of online delivery of courses. Please give priority to Reminbi (RMB) remittance. If by chance due to objective reasons, remittance transfers can only be conducted through non-RMB currencies, the amount of RMB actually settled by the University will prevail. Please note that fluctuations of the exchange rate may result in a refund for overpayments or a supplemental payment for any shortages.
3. BFSU will arrange details of online delivery of courses on the precondition of receiving your receipt of bank transfer. If you fail to make the payment or provide receipt of bank transfer and do not inform the University of reasons in advance, it is deemed as waiver of enrollment.
4. Fees being paid and collected are denominated in Chinese currency.
5. Students who withdraw from the program due to personal reasons will be refunded the full amount of tuition if they complete the procedure of withdrawal within the first week of the semester; 20% of the tuition of the current semester will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if they complete the procedure within the first two weeks of the semester; 50% of the tuition of the current semester will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if they complete the procedure within the first four weeks, while the tuition of the current semester is not refundable if they complete the procedure after the first four weeks. Please understand that application fees are not refundable.
6. BFSU’s bank account:
Beneficiary: BEIJING FOREIGN STUDIES UNIVERSITY LB
Bank: INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
BEIJING MUNICIPAL BRANCH
ZIZHUYUAN BANKING OFFICE
Account No.: 0200007609026402172
Swift code: ICBKCNBJBJM
Please indicate “International student tuition”, together with your student ID and passport name on the note of remittance.
III. Health Guidance
As the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over, during this period, you are required to pay attention to personal protection, follow instructions and recommendations of local health authority, and keep close contact with faculty members of your School. BFSU will do the utmost to provide you with all necessary guidance and assistance.
Inbound learners are required to purchase health insurance before entering China, and the insurance policy will be one of the necessary documents for registration in BFSU.
Relating to Tuition Fee and Receipt of Tuition Fee Payment: email@example.com
Relating to Delay or Waiver of Enrollment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relating to Courses:
School of Chinese Language and Literature: email@example.com (Undergraduates);firstname.lastname@example.org(Graduates);email@example.com(Non-degree Students)
School of English and International Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of International Journalism and Communication: email@example.com
Graduate School of Translation and Interpreting: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Law: email@example.com
International Business School:firstname.lastname@example.org
School of International Relations and Diplomacy: email@example.com
Other Schools: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your student ID, name and matters in title of the email. For example, 1611001-Amy-tuition fee.
Wish you good health and all the best. The pandemic will come to an end for sure. We are looking forward to seeing you in the beautiful campus of BFSU soon!