Time slips away unconsciously, leaving us many unforgettable memories. In 2021, we will embrace the 80th anniversary of the founding of Beijing Foreign Studies University. As BFSU alumni, you may have many untold stories and emotions about your alma mater, your beloved teachers and classmates, and your life there, which were buried deep down your heart, waiting to be spoken out. As students currently at BSFU, you may also be eager to share and record your experience on campus. On the occasion of the 80th anniversary, we invite you to recollect the past, tell the touching story between you and BFSU, and send your blessings to BFSU.
●Theme: My Stories with BFSU
●Target group: International alumni and international students currently enrolled at BFSU
1.Your contribution should be themed on “My Stories with BFSU”. You can choose your own title. Your work can be about anything you like but do remember to keep it clearly-structured and relish it with real and vivid details, You can tell about your work experiences, successes and failures, reflections on life, or how you start your business, etc. You can also tell about your life at BFSU, the lecturers and professors there, your memories with teachers and classmates, etc.
2. Your work must be original. It can be essays, photography, or short videos. Essays should be no more than 3,000 words (in Chinese or English). Photography should be colored digital single pictures in JPG format with the size between 1.5MB and 6MB. Short videos should be within 3 minutes.
3. For alumni, please submit a recent photo of yourself, a picture of the campus and a picture of yourself on campus (either individual or in group) taken during your stay at BFSU.
4. For all the shortlisted works, BFSU has the right to use in scenarios such as the university website, campus newspaper, exhibition hall, feature films and promotional albums.
Based on the principle of fairness, justice and transparency, the university will invite experts to be judges. There will be 6 first prizes, 15-second prizes, 30 third prizes and several commemorative awards, each with appropriate rewards. The list of winners and their works will be posted on the university website, WeChat official account and “BFSUer” magazine.
We encourage all our contributors to also submit their works to the mainstream media of their home country or region. The university will give certain rewards if the work is published or adopted.
1. Deadline for submission: from now until March 31, 2021.
2. For email submission, please send your work email@example.com,in an email titled in the format“Grade + Department + Name + Title of work”.