In 2021, BFSU will celebrate its grand 80thanniversary. This is not only a pivotal moment to show our achievements, unite social resources and seek a better future, but also a major opportunity to make new contributions and break new grounds in the new era. To better celebrate the 80thanniversary, we are now openly collecting designs of the logo and mascot for the event and we await your active participation.
I. Submission period
From now to December 15, 2020
II. Qualified submitters
All faculty members, students and staff of BFSU, retired faculty and staff, alumni at home and abroad, and people from all walks of life who care about and support BFSU.
III. Content and requirements
1. Logo of the anniversary
The logo should be clear-themed with rich meanings, which can show BFSU’s origin, philosophy, unique features and cultural spirits.
The logo should be simple in style while maintaining artistic traits, following the rules and norms of symbol and logo design. The work must be replete with beauty and visual impact, possessing novel ideas and clever designs. It should also have bright colors and smooth lines so that it’s easy to identify and spread.
2. Mascot of the anniversary
The mascot should fully express the spirit and cultural characteristics of BFSU. It should have symbolic meanings and vivid appearance, with an emphasis on color combination, personalized features and affinity. The name of the mascot should be distinctive of the university and catchy. Also, the design should be applicable to printing, 3D and electronic media, and the production of derivatives.
IV. Submission requirements
1. The logo and mascot design must be provided in electronic format (AI or CDR vector format, file size less than 10M; or PSD format, size 600*600PIX, resolution 300DPI, file size less than 20M) with a 500-word description of the design concept or a connotation explanation.
2. Please send the design as an e-mail attachment tobfsu80@.bfsu.edu.cn. The subject of the e-mail should be “Collection of the logo and mascot for the 80thanniversary”. Be sure to note the author’s name, work unit and contact information.
3. Submissions can be sent by individuals as well as by a unit or a group; The submitter can participate in one of the collections or both and can send multiple entries.
V. Selection method and awards
1. After the collection, the university will organize experts to select the finalists. The shortlisted works will be shown and voted on the WeChat official account of BFSU. The opinions of teachers, students, alumni and other supportive parties shall be largely considered before determining the winning design. The university will give appropriate commendations and rewards to the finalists and award-winning projects.
2. The university will select from the winning designs or to perfect them through moderate modification or combination and use them as the final version of the logo and mascot for the anniversary, which will be officially released to the public.
1. The submitted work must be original and has not been published in any form.
2. The submitted work must not infringe on other people's registered trademarks, design patents or other texts, pictures or logos protected by intellectual property laws. The author shall be solely responsible for the consequences of any plagiarism, borrowing or other infringement.
3. The intellectual property rights of all the finalists belong to BFSU. The university may select and use the designs as needed for the celebration activities and other related work.
4. The submissions will not be returned whether they’re selected or not, so please keep the original draft.
5. Participants are deemed to have fully understood and accepted the terms and conditions of this notice.
6. The Office of the 80th Anniversary Celebration of Beijing Foreign Studies University shall be responsible for the interpretation of this notice and other matters not mentioned herein.
IIV. Contact information
Contact: Ms. Wang, Ms. Zhang
Telephone: 86-10-88816909, 86-10-88816902