Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed International Students is established by BFSU to encourage international students to study hard, in an aim to cultivate a galaxy of high-level international talents with excellent academic performance and moral characters. The Scholarship is managed and filed by the Overseas Students Affairs Office of BFSU.
Chapter 2 Granting Standards
Article 2 These Measures shall apply to self-financed international students who are receiving degree education at BFSU.
Article 3 BFSU Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed International Students is set with the first prize, second prize, and third prize. The first prize is granted as 15,000 yuan per person, the second prize as 12,000 yuan per person, and the third prize scholarship as 10,000 yuan per person.
Chapter 3 Candidate Qualifications
Article 4 The candidates of the BFSU Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed International Students are qualified as follows:
1. Have good moral characters and habits;
2. Abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as BFSU’s rules and regulations;
3. Have a positive academic attitude, work hard, and excel at academic performance;
4. Actively participate in various culture and sports activities and social practices organized by BFSU and its colleges;
5. International students who fall into one of the following circumstances shall not be eligible to participate in the selection of the Scholarship:
a. Those who have been subject to criminal detention, public security penalties, or administrative penalties for violating Chinese laws and regulations;
b. Those who have been given disciplinary sanctions by BFSU for violating relevant rules and regulations;
c. Those who fail to pass the course assessment specified in the teaching plan;
d. Those who are in arrears with tuition and fees at BFSU;
e. Those who conduct various fraudulent behaviors when applying for the Scholarship.
Chapter 4 Review and Issuance
Article 5 The quota of the Scholarship will be allocated proportionally according to the number of scholarship candidates in each college. In principle, the number of scholarship-winning students shall not exceed 10% of the total number of undergraduates participating in the scholarship application of each college. The first-prize winners shall not exceed 20% of the total number of awardees, the second-prize winners shall not exceed 30%, and the third-prize winners shall not exceed 50%.
Article 6 Each college shall set up a review working group to be responsible for the recommendation and preliminary review of the Scholarship within the college.
Article 7 Each college shall publicize the scholarship selection and review results for 5 working days. If no objection arises, the results will be submitted to the Overseas Students Affairs Office for further review and then submitted to the BFSU Scholarship Review Committee for final review.
Article 8 The Overseas Students Affairs Office shall publicize the results of the scholarship review for 5 working days. If no objection arises, the results will be submitted to the BFSU Finance Office to apply for scholarship issuance.
Chapter 5 Supplementary Provisions
Article 9 International students are not allowed to receive different types of scholarships at the same time during the same academic year.
Article 10 The Overseas Students Affairs Office of Beijing Foreign Studies University is entitled to interpret these measures.
Article 11 The English version of these measures is offered for the convenience of international students. The Chinese version shall prevail in terms of final interpretation and execution.