Article1To enrich the extracurricular cultural life of international students in Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU)and regulate the management of international student associations, according toHigher Education Law of the People’s Republic of China,Regulations on Student Management ofHigher Education,Administrative Measures on Recruiting and Training International Students, andRegulationsonStudent ManagementinBeijing Foreign Studies University, this regulation is developed.
Article 2International student associations are voluntarily organized by international students, who are registered and from the same country or region for extracurricular activities. Their purpose is to provide a platform of joint learning, information exchange, and support in life for international students from the same country and region to enrich the extracurricular life and promote the cultural exchange and friendly relations within international students themselves and between international students and Chinese teachers and students.
Article 3The Overseas Students Affairs Office at BFSU, the department in charge of international student associations, is responsible for examining, registering and supervising the establishment, semester registrations and activities of international student associations so as to provide them with the possible or necessary support.
Article 4International student associations shall elect students to manage the association with appropriate procedures. Students in charge must be academic students who have studied for more than one year at BFSU, have good academic performance and behavior, and no record of legal violation and indiscipline. They should also have the willingness and the ability to assume the daily work in the association. The election and change of the principal students in charge of the association shall be reported to the Overseas Students Affairs Office for examination, approval and record.
Article 5International student associations should be jointly applied by ten or more international students at BFSU from the same country or region. A written application should be submitted. It should include but not limited to the name, the purpose, the organizational structure, the list of members and the purpose of activities.
Article 6The Overseas Students Affairs Office is responsible for examining the qualification of applicants, organization system, the scope of activities, sources of funds and principal students in charge. The office would approve and record the applications that meet requirements.
Article 7The association, which has been established upon the approval and record filing of the Overseas Students Affairs Office, can carry out extracurricular activities as a student body recognized by BFSU.
Article 8The international student association should register each semester. Within two weeks from the beginning of each semester, associations should register at the Overseas Students Affairs Office and fill in the registration form with basic information and changes.
Article 9The establishment and operation of international student associations should observe the following principles:
1) abiding by the Constitution, laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China;
2) respecting Chinese social ethics and customs;
3) complying with the rules and regulations of BFSU and obeying the management of the school;
4) do not affect the routine teaching and living order at BFSU;
5) association affairs will be open to all members; it should establish a necessary system for financial revenue and expenditure and auditing, and accept supervision of members and the school; activities for-profits are not allowed.
Article10Approval and filing of association activities
1) Activities carried out by associations shall follow procedures for approval and filing;
2) Plans of activities for members only at BFSU should be submitted to the Overseas Students Affairs Office in written form by students in charge one week in advance. Contents include the name, purpose, organizing pattern, time, venue, number of participants and security plan. With the examination and approval of the Overseas Students Affairs Office, associations can carry out these activities.
3) Indifferent circumstances, such as participating activities held by organizations (personnel) other than those in BFSU, jointly holding activities with organizations (personnel) other than those in BFSU, inviting Chinese students in or outside BFSU (including foreign students in other universities),and carrying out activities at a venue outside BFSU, students in charge should report to the Overseas Students Affairs Office in written form two weeks in advance. With the examination and approval of the office, associations can carry out these activities.
4) When receiving an activity application, the Overseas Students Affairs Office will examine, approve and record the activity according to the relevant regulations.
Article 11Without the examination and approval of BFSU and without timely registration, international student associations should not carry out any activities, distribute publicity materials or deliver leaflets on and off the campus.
Article 12International student associations shall not join other organizations off the campus as members, nor shall they hold any activity on behalf of any other organization.
Article13For associations or members who contribute to improving physical and mental health and personal development of international students, exchanges between Chinese and foreign teachers and students, internationalization of the campus and enriching the cultural life of the campus, BFSU will give commendation and reward in appropriate form.
Article14For international student organizations violating laws and disciplines, BFSU can give a warning to the association, suspense activities, order to rectify within a time period, cancel the activities or even dissolve the association. For students in charge or participants who may violate the law, they will be transferred to public security organs according to law.
Article 15The Overseas Students Affairs Office of Beijing Foreign Studies University is entitled to interpret this regulation.