Exchange student should be a student nominated by the home university. If you are interested in, please contact the international office of YOUR university to see whether there is an agreement with Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU), and your university would be responsible for nomination.
Admissions to students Exchange Program
The program lasts one or two semesters (1 academic year), with the fall semester begins at the beginning of September and the Spring semester in late February.
1. Qualification of Applicants
(1) Student Exchange Agreement (or MOU) signed between home university and BFSU
(2) Recommended by the home university, the home university needs to send BFSU nomination list.
2. Application Procedure
(1) Apply first to your home university and get a nomination place.
(2) The home university should first send the nomination list to us.
(3) Students need to complete On-line Application on the website of Overseas Students Affairs Office, Beijing Foreign Studies University (https://study.bfsu.edu.cn/) and upload the required documents online.For detailed application procedure, please refer to:Exchange Students Application Procedures.
3. Online Application Deadline
Spring Semester: before December 31th
Fall Semester: before May 31th each year
When students finish the online application, BFSU will send all the admission documents to the teacher from home university. Students can use those documents to Chinese embassy in your country to apply X visa.
We offer various room type, please note that fresh students are not allowed to make room reservation. Every student will have a room to live in.The room will be arranged by BFSU during registration, although students may tell the teacher what kind of room you want to live in and your requirement will be met as long as it is possible (like there is vacancy).
6. Training Courses:
School of Business and School of English Literature Studies provide English-taught Courses. Please note that some courses may not open, please come to the office to find Ms Tang to select courses when the new semester begins.
For School of English, you can firstname.lastname@example.org
For International Business School, you can email@example.com
School of Chinese Language and Literature, School of International Relations and Diplomacy and School of International Journalism provide Chinese-taught Courses.Mandarin Courses are open to exchange students.Please note that some courses may not open, please come to the office to find Ms Tang to select courses when the new semester begins.
Some courses from School of International Relations and Diplomacy and School of International Journalism are English-taught courses. But most of them are Chinese-taught courses.
For School of International Relations and Diplomacy, you can firstname.lastname@example.org
For School of Journalism, you can email@example.com
You can download courses list from different schools:Courses information
Applicants shall go to Ms Tang Xia of BFSU Overseas Students Affairs Office to choose cross-department courses within two weeks at the beginning of the semester.