BEIJING FOREIGN STUDIES UNIVERSITY
BeijingForeign Studies Universityis the most prestigious foreign language university in China known for its longest history, most languages taught and excellent programs at multiple levels. The university also boasts a superb faculty in humanity and social sciencedisciplines.
The English-taught Master’s Degree isdesigned to cultivate top talents with aglobal vision, inter-disciplinary knowledge and a deeper understanding of China. It offers a wide range of China-specific courses such as Chinese history, literature, economy, law, foreign affairs, and politics, helping prepare students for careers related to China in areas of business, government, journalism, etc.
Thisspecially designedChina Studies Program has 4 advantages：(1)English is adopted as the instruction language for a better and deeper understanding of the historical and contemporary China.（2）The courses offer comprehensive and inter-disciplinary knowledge in aspects of Chinese history, literature, economy, law, journalism, foreign affairs and politics.（3）Fieldwork and social practices include visiting museums, enterprises, countryside, scenic spots and historic sites so as to integrate students closely into the local Chinese society.（4）This is a one-year program with three semesters, offering a Master’s degree upon completion.
Four Modules (With 6 courses in each)
Chinese Literature and Philosophy,China’s Economy and Trade，China’s Politics and International Relations, China’s Legal System
Chinese language training is provided as public compulsory for all international students, in accordance with their level of proficiency.
A rich series of lectures encourage students toactively engage in dialogue between academic disciplines, as well as with their peers, on key issues facing today’s international community, creating an environment conducive to the exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
This program organizes various activities including museum tours, company and community visits to help students explore Chinese culture.
Students can also take field trips to China’s regions with distinct characteristics to knowmore about local Chinese society.
In the form of case studies or study report, students choose a project that could demonstrate their originality and integrate their research experiences.
1. 18 years old and above
2. Non-Chinese citizen
3. A Bachelor’s degree
4. An outstanding academic record
5. TOEFLIBT 80 or IELTS 6.0
1. Application form:http://study.bfsu.edu.cn
2. Passport copy
3. Bachelor’s Degree certificate and diploma or pre-graduation certificate (Original or validated copies If the documents are written neither in Chinese nor English, a Chinese or English translation should be submitted at the same time.)
4. Academic Transcript (Original or validated copies If the documents are written neither in Chinese nor English, a Chinese or English translation should be submitted at the same time.)
5. English proficiency certificates: TOEFL, IELTS
6. Two letters of recommendation
8. Research Proposal
9. Custody Release Form (Please download online, fill in and upload.)
10. Copy of guardian’s ID card or photo page of passport
11. Letter of Commitment (Please donwnload online, fill in and upload.)
Application fee: CNY 800
Application starts on April 10 and ends on June 1, 2019.
Admission is given at the end of June, 2019.
VI.Tuition and Scholarship
1. Government Scholarship:http://www.csc.edu.cn/
2. University scholarship is granted based on applicants’undergraduate academic performance, application date, research proposal, Chinese proficiency, resume and experiences, interview as well as English proficiency.
International Institute of Chinese Studies
Beijing Foreign Studies University
Address: 19 North Xisanhuan, Haidian, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100089