In order to implement the initiative ofVision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road and requirements of Promoting the Collaborative Construction of Belt and Road Education Action, attract outstanding students from countries along the Belt and Road to study in China, and cultivate more interdisciplinary high-caliber personnel with Chinese language proficiency and capability of translation between Chinese and minority languages in trade and related fields, Beijing Foreign Studies University (hereinafter referred to as “the University”) has established the National Silk Road Program for Cultivating Interdisciplinary Translators between Chinese and Minority Languages, sponsored and commissioned by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
I. Enrollment Category & ScholarshipDuration
1. Eligible students: undergraduates
2. Major: Chinese Language (direction: Translation)
3. Teaching language: Chinese
4. Program duration: 4 years
II. Application method & deadline
The applicant should apply to Beijing Foreign Studies University by June 10, 2019.
III. Applicant Eligibility
1. Nationals from countries along the Belt and Road (reference website:https://www.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/gbjg/gbgk/77073.htm)
2. Non-Chinese citizens holding a foreign regular passport
3. Age: 18-25
4. High school graduates with a good academic record
5. Be physically healthy and meet the physical examination requirements for a Chinese visa or the Residence Permit.
6. No misconducts. No public order punishments. No criminal acts or records. Be friendly to China and have upright conduct. Abide by Chinese laws and BFSU’s regulations and respect Chinese customs and traditions.
7. Meet and accept other regulations in the BFSU Admission Guide. Click here to get the Admission Guide:https://lb.bfsu.edu.cn/info/1043/1278.htm
IV. Scholarship Content and Standard
● Tuitions: Tuitions are collected and allocated by the University to train and supervise scholarship students and to organize or support recreational and sports activities, visits, parties etc.
● Accommodation fee: The University provides free accommodation (double rooms in principle). For students who get accommodation themselves there would be a 700 rmb per month subsidy, provided monthly or quarterly, .
● Subsistence allowance: 2,500 rmb per month
Subsistence allowance is provided by the University every month. Scholarship students registered before and on the 15thin the current month are entitled to subsistence allowance of a whole month, and those who registered after the 15thare entitled to half a month. Subsistence allowance for graduataes shall be extended to 15 days after the graduate date affirmed by school. For scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days during term time (except for festivals and holidays), subsistence shall be suspended during students absence.
● Comprehensive Medical Insurance (click here to find the insurance content and claim process:http://www.lxbx.net/)
V. Application Procedure, Materials & Method
The applicant is required to truthfully complete and submit the following application materials:
Step 1Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled out in Chinese or English)
The applicant shall fill out and submit the application information online via the CSC Online Registration System for Study in China, and print the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship automatically generated by the system. Please make sure to finish the online application before June 8, 2019.
Log into the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchinaorhttp://www.campuschina.org)and click “Online Application for Students” to apply.
Beijing Foreign Studies University agency number: 10030; scholarship category: B
Step 2After filling out information on the CSC Online Application System for Study in China, the applicant is required to log into the China International Student Service System of BFSU (https://study.bfsu.edu.cn/lxsgl/login.do) to fill out personal information and upload relevant materials.
When completing the registration, log into the system and select Program --- Individuals at their own expense --- B.A Program on Chinese Language --- Major:Chinese and Other Languages Translation, School of Chinese Language and Literature
Upload the following application materials as attachments to the registration system (for reference):
Signed Letter of Admission Commitment (sample file available)
Photocopy of the highest educational certificate
Notarized translation in Chinese or English for non-Chinese and non-English documents
Photocopy of the latest academic transcript
Certified translation in Chinese or English for non-Chinese and non-English documents
Photocopy of the HSK certificate
Students above HSK Level 4 are preferred.
Photocopy of the first page of a valid regular passport
Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
The Application Form is automatically generated by the system after the applicant fills out and submits the application information online via the CSC Online Registration System for Study in China.
Note: No individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
VI. Admission & Notification
The University shall review application materials and determine the final candidants. If the applicant or his/her materials do not meet the requirements, the application shall be deemed invalid and shall not be accepted.
2. The University shall deliver the application materials to CSC on June 10, 2019.
3. CSC will issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (Form JW021) after final review of the University’s admission results.
4. CSC will send the final Admission List, Letter of Admission, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (Form JW021) to BFSU Overseas Affairs Office. The University will deliver admission materials to the given address in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and publish the Admission List on the university website (https://lb.bfsu.edu.cn/index.htm).
5. Scholarship recipients shall be supervised in accordance with regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship after they come to China. They shall not change the admission institution, and they shall not alter their major or program duration in principle.
6. Those who cannot come to China within the registration period will no longer be eligible for scholarships.
Overseas Students Affairs Office, Beijing Foreign Studies University
Address: Room 201, Student Center, 2 North Xisanhuan Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing
Contact Person: Mr. Jiang